Ready to Post - How to post a payment
We are going to use a sample scenario. Let's say we received an EOB giving me the following information:
- Payer: United Healthcare
- Patient: John Smith
- DOS: 2/1/2018
- Ins. pays $50.00; Client Responsibility: $30.00; Write off: $70.00
Now you go to Insurance, Ready to Post.
1) Enter the date range for the Service Date (ex. 2/1/2018-2/28/2018)
2) Select United Healthcare from the Payer drop down and click Search
3) Type the client's last name in the LastName field on the right and click Go
***You should now see this session and possibly several others on the screen.
Based on our scenario above:
1) The Amount should state $150.00 (add $50 + $30 + $70 above)
2) The Balance will say $150.00 as well if the client has not paid their portion or it will say $120, if the client has paid their $30.
3) Enter 50 into the Primary field
4) Enter 70 into the Write Off field
5) Hit Post
***If the client has not paid, you can now print the Client Billing Statement for them showing the $30.00 that they owe.